Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bragging about my Husband...

This is past due, but it is never to late to brag on the one you love. Last week, on Thursday, Heredes flew out to Texas. He was able to help for two days during Extreme Week. On Wednesday, he left early from EW because he had to "pack". When I got home, I was so stinkin' exhausted. I smelled [what do you expect- it's camp], my feet felt like giant elephant feet, and I was hungry.
So, this is were my husband's awesome love kicks in. He took me straight to our bedroom and there he set up a lovely candle light dinner. [we have guest in our house, so that's why we ate in our room] He bought Macaroni Grill, Vitamin Water, dessert- mini Haagen Dazs strawberry ice cream & mini Nutella. We prayed, ate, and watched an episode of the Office. What a way to come home and relax, huh?!
I think there are times when people worry for us because we may be to busy or too tired, etc. and may think we never have time for each other. First, I want to thank those who ask how we are doing and remind us to take care of our relationship- it's always good to check up on each other. But second, just wanted to let you guys know that God is so good to us and allows us, many times, to enjoy each other as husband and wife- as best friends. Things like what I just shared- those little things- are the positive points we put in each other's love banks. [that's what we are learning from the book, His Needs, Her Needs.]
Heredes and I don't want to leave our guards unattended, especially when it comes to our marriage. Our Celebration/Staff meeting on Monday reminded me of that. So, all your constant prayers for our marriage are so welcomed, because we know there is an enemy that roams around like a lion trying to devour whoever he can get. But the great thing is we have a Savior that protects His obedient children.- helping us, as we request, to be self-controlled and alert.
[1 Peter 5:8]

With that said, want to share a special & memorable moment where someone showed their love to you? [It can be a parent, sibling, spouse, friend, etc.] Let's share it here.

10 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

Staff was a great reminder...sometimes I'm so focused on the big concerns of my marriage that I lose focus on the little concerns. Sounds like your man has a good handle on both. Thx 4 sharing. It was a blessing to read this.

Anonymous said...

How cute! Heredes is the man. Love you guys. Tati

Anonymous said...

u guys are amazing. i love u both! <333

Anonymous said...

danny once made a photo album/scrpabook thing for me... with a timeline of our friendship onto relationship. [he isnt very crafty] but it was perfect and showed me love.

Chanti invited me to Chicago with her and we had a great time... that showed me love too :)

i don't want to write too much but yeah ... thank for sharing marce!

Anonymous said...

Nice going Heredes and just when she needed that extra touch of love and care! And while the grand things are special, its often the little things that matter. So make sure you do those as well. Kevin will get me water to drink with my dinner because by the time I get everything done and on the table I always manage to forget, but he doesn't!

Anonymous said...

marcy thanks for that awesome post!

Indy said...

That was so sweet....one of the best parts of marriage is finding your best friend.

all day (allen d) said...

Thanks Marce. One of the best post I've ever read. it's about those time that make a relationship complete.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Thank you prince Heredes for treating my baby like a princess...you are the best!
Mami-in-law

Ah! I am forgetting to share about something nice...My dear husband for always make our bed except Saturdays for 27 years....

Marcy Ribeiro said...

Yes!! Mom!! I love that daddy does that... How charming!!! :)