Wednesday, January 30, 2008

25th Birthday, Late, Update....



I wanted to thank all of you who sent me messages, called, and made my birthday so special. Really appreciate it! I just have to recap how it went because my husband just is number 1. :) On Friday I went to work, Heredes has it off, and Panera Bread was great. I got a very sweet delivery from my husband that day as well. I received a balloon, truffles, the cutest, softest teddy bear, and this beautiful, real flowers, birthday cake. Later that night, as I was driving home, I had to stop by Danny Brigham's house to drop off some banners. As I'm driving through the dark streets I see some blue and red lights behind me. Yup, it was a cop. Thank God I stopped right in front of Danny's house. The police officers asked for my license and registration and then asked if I was lost. I told them, "Actually, I'm stopped at the house I was looking for." They apologized and then said that they were trying to find someone and to drive carefully. Phew!
After that fun delivery, I got home and Heredes later took me "as a surprise" to Bonefish, even though I guessed before we got there. I was really craving it. As we pulled up to park I see my parents van and when we walk in to the restaurant I tell Heredes "are you looking for my parents?" He slyly answered, "Aww babe, no that wasn't your parents car. Sorry." As we walked in to be seated, there I see a table with my family, cousin Carlos and Cassie, and the cuban mafia- Ivan, Lizbet, baby, Connie, and Mike. It was a great ending to a great Birthday. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the beautiful cake that was made by Johanna and my sis Chanti. Number one, it was DELICIOUS and second it's the face of Audrey Hepburn- one of my favorite Actresses. Thank you girls sooo much!!!!

Weekend Recap...
Our children's ministry just started their new virtue of the month: Orderliness. It coincides with the Garage Sale series that started this past weekend. The set looks great and I'm waiting on some pictures so I can post them. The team did a great job teaching kids the importance of arranging things to make their day easier. We also had our first Kid's baptism at Doral. His name is Gianmarco and he is one of the sweetest boys you'll meet. I had to post his picture. And of course there is Joshy- ohh he makes me happy.

If you read Heredes' blog you know that I got sick again. Nasty. I had a bad stomach virus and I'm still feeling a bit weird. But everything seems to be staying in nicely. I went back to work yesterday and I got to experience one of the coolest things every: the U2 3D concert. Okay, so I can only say that it was Incredible. Go watch it when it is here. Don't miss it, even if you don't like U2, it's a great experience. The only complaint it was too short and his religious views. But that is not the focus. I wanted to thank HP for heading that up and taking care of us. Thanks!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool cakes!

Dave and Vicky said...

Really cool cake... and what a cute little boy on your collage!! I love that pic of Joshy...you'll have to send it to me.
Glad you are feeling better...check out my new post..It's funny

Arturo de la Mora said...

I hope you had a great B-Day with your beloved funny-crazy one!

OhChanti said...

you are wonderful.

i'm glad you liked the cake!

Rey De Armas said...

that cake does look awesome...Hi Marcy! I'm glad that you're feeling better! to answer your question, I'm doing well. School is awesome, but the weather is freezing!

good to know about U2-3D...i'm dying to see it